Communities of all shapes and sizes exist in many forms.They are all living, working, learning and playing, in neighborhoods, workplaces educational facilities, parks and playgrounds, clubs and institutions.
Safe and secure, people-friendly communities in all those areas are critical to our well-being and quality of life. And are everyone’s responsibility. Young and old, we all have something to contribute, we all have the right to be heard, and to invest in the formation of healthy communities wherever they are in our lives.
- Do you have a vision for what you want your communities to look like?
- Are there opportunities to grow in life, play or work skills within your community
- Do you get to share your ideas and plans?
- Do you get to lead and allow others to do the same?
- Do you treat others in your community with respect?
- Do you communicate openly and allow others to do the same?
- Have you collectively developed a strategy to invest in the financial, social, and environmental capital of your community to ensure it endures?
- Is there room for creative expression and contribution?
Everyone is meant to make a difference. You have ideas that can impact people all around you, so share them and learn from what people tell you. The list of things you can do for your community is endless. So, what can you do to help your communities thrive?