Ways to be more ‘Green’
Water pollution, global warming, natural resource depletion, and deforestation. Four of the biggest issues our earth is facing every day. All of which are not talked about enough. As inhabitants on this earth it is our responsibility to take care of our environment, and yet each day it only gets worse. But there are things you as an event planner can do to be more ecofriendly.
- Start a community garden
- Buy locally grown produce
- Recycle – paper, clothes, cardboard, plastic
- Stop littering
- Organize a tree planting in your neighbourhood
- Book venues who use low flow water systems and LED lightbulbs
- Carpool or take local transit
- Re-useable water bottles
- Use less paper – e-tickets or eBooks
- Use rechargeable batteries
- Re-use grocery bags
- Look into biodegradable decorations
Making some small changes can end up having a huge impact. If everyone pitches in a little bit, we can slowly start to restore our planet to better health.