Did you know that having a morning routine is a great way to start your day right and to make sure you take care of yourself? There have been too many mornings that I’ve pressed snooze so many times I had just enough time to get ready and then leave for the office. Most of those mornings I don’t have time to style my hair or make breakfast. Now that certainly does not start my day off very well.
Here are a few ways to give your mornings more structure:
- Wake up early enough so that you have time to prepare yourself before leaving the house
- Waking up at the same time each day will help your body get into the habit, so that you aren’t always so tired
- Make a breakfast, sit down and enjoy it
- Make your bed and do some of your dishes
- Make sure to re-hydrate your body with lots of water in the morning and during the day
- Start taking vitamins to keep your immune system strong
- Meditate if you feel like you’ve had a stressful few days
- Shower/or wash your face with cold water. It is better for your skin and hair because hot water dries things out while cold water hydrates skin and stops split ends
- Brush your teeth with mint flavored toothpaste/chew mint gum: Mint is a natural stimulant and helps combat memory loss
- Take a moment to read something not on social media. A new blog post or a chapter from a book can help your brain wake up and be more alert
- Wait until you are in the office to read emails: Studies have shown that seeing emails once you wake up can lead to a more stressful day
- Pick out an outfit that makes you feel good. It will add to your self-esteem for the day
- Light exercise can get your body moving and give you more energy throughout your day
A good start to your morning can really help you get your day and week started right. We are all creatures of habit, so once you start sticking to your routine it will become increasingly easier to get going in the morning.